Samba lessons

Hello, doc!

As an official member of your fluffernutter list (maybe #1?), I've been searching your answers and saw other people from Brazil asking you questions. I saw you like samba!

Well, I'm not the number 1 samba-lover (in fact, I do prefer rock in roll - kiss, ramones, stones, etc), but I like Samba too.

Well, doc, I bought a book with pictures from Brazil (I found them very beautiful, hope you and dr. steve like it!). I'll send a CD with samba too, ok? I'm just finishing to translate two tales I wrote so I can send it in the same pack.

About the link I promised, it's almost done. I want to finish it in this weekend. Then I'll send it to you. I'll send by here, but as I don't know if the system here allows link posting, I'll send to your Foundation too, ok?

As you probably can imagine, I didn't get tested yet... I was going to, really, but I got a gengivitis that forced me to do a small surgery to remove a piece of gum that was on my last tooth (3rd molar, I don't know the name in english). Then I was put in Azitromicine (5 days). In the last day, the inflammation came back. Now I'm start being in panic again...

I want to go get tested, doc, but I realized I'm affraid to go alone. In fact, doc, I would like YOU to do the test in me...... You're the only one that can make me calm down..

I use all your past answers (yes, I do search the forum) as an incentive. And always, when I say "yes, I'm ready, I'll go there", something new appears (this time, the gengivitis).

I talked to a doctor friend of mine and he told me gengivitis is caused by low immunity. Then, I freaked out. If one gengivitis is caused by low immunity, imagine 2 in a row!!! And after a 5 day azitromicine!!!!!

Well, doc, let me stop bothering you... I'm often here, reading all your answers and I laugh sometimes (when you answered that one thing could happen when someone haves sex with a dog is get arrested)...

Well, doc, I want to help. I want to help others. I want to do something that could make difference. Just like you do. But I know that I have to help myself first. Unfortunatelly, I'm not being able to do that...

Thanks a lot again, doc. Even if you can't answer, I know you'll read. Knowing that makes me fell a little better.

If you need some samba classes, I could help. Well, I'm a bad dancer, but we can find someone here that could help us all, ok?

Now really finishing, I would like to say that one of my "dreams trip" is USA (Disney and NY, in fact). But, I added a new dream trip to the list: watching one of your concerts. I hope I can do it someday, Doc. In the same way I hope I can help myself. And in the same way I hope I can help others too...

Best regards, my friend..

your BFF Brazilian Guy

Hi BFF,

Yes, I do read all the posts that come into my mailbox, but unfortunately can only respond directly to a small percentage of them because the pour in by the thousands. (Luckily I'm a very fast reader!)

As for Samba, I learned during my trips to Rio. It can be a very sexy dance!

Regarding gingivitis, it's a very common ailment. The vast majority of cases have absolutely nothing to do with immune deficiency or HIV/AIDS. Having gingivitis and/or being on azithromycin would not affect the validity or accuracy of your HIV-antibody tests. Time to grow a pair, Guy, and do what you obviously know needs to be done. Get tested. Trust me. You'll be glad you did.

Ciao!

continued testing
Pregnant with preliminary positive result