Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

Ask the Experts About

Safe Sex and HIV PreventionSafe Sex and HIV Prevention

Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Samba lessons
Jun 19, 2010

Hello, doc!

As an official member of your fluffernutter list (maybe #1?), I've been searching your answers and saw other people from Brazil asking you questions. I saw you like samba!

Well, I'm not the number 1 samba-lover (in fact, I do prefer rock in roll - kiss, ramones, stones, etc), but I like Samba too.

Well, doc, I bought a book with pictures from Brazil (I found them very beautiful, hope you and dr. steve like it!). I'll send a CD with samba too, ok? I'm just finishing to translate two tales I wrote so I can send it in the same pack.

About the link I promised, it's almost done. I want to finish it in this weekend. Then I'll send it to you. I'll send by here, but as I don't know if the system here allows link posting, I'll send to your Foundation too, ok?

As you probably can imagine, I didn't get tested yet... I was going to, really, but I got a gengivitis that forced me to do a small surgery to remove a piece of gum that was on my last tooth (3rd molar, I don't know the name in english). Then I was put in Azitromicine (5 days). In the last day, the inflammation came back. Now I'm start being in panic again...

I want to go get tested, doc, but I realized I'm affraid to go alone. In fact, doc, I would like YOU to do the test in me...... You're the only one that can make me calm down..

I use all your past answers (yes, I do search the forum) as an incentive. And always, when I say "yes, I'm ready, I'll go there", something new appears (this time, the gengivitis).

I talked to a doctor friend of mine and he told me gengivitis is caused by low immunity. Then, I freaked out. If one gengivitis is caused by low immunity, imagine 2 in a row!!! And after a 5 day azitromicine!!!!!

Well, doc, let me stop bothering you... I'm often here, reading all your answers and I laugh sometimes (when you answered that one thing could happen when someone haves sex with a dog is get arrested)...

Well, doc, I want to help. I want to help others. I want to do something that could make difference. Just like you do. But I know that I have to help myself first. Unfortunatelly, I'm not being able to do that...

Thanks a lot again, doc. Even if you can't answer, I know you'll read. Knowing that makes me fell a little better.

If you need some samba classes, I could help. Well, I'm a bad dancer, but we can find someone here that could help us all, ok?

Now really finishing, I would like to say that one of my "dreams trip" is USA (Disney and NY, in fact). But, I added a new dream trip to the list: watching one of your concerts. I hope I can do it someday, Doc. In the same way I hope I can help myself. And in the same way I hope I can help others too...

Best regards, my friend..

your BFF Brazilian Guy

Response from Dr. Frascino

Hi BFF,

Yes, I do read all the posts that come into my mailbox, but unfortunately can only respond directly to a small percentage of them because the pour in by the thousands. (Luckily I'm a very fast reader!)

As for Samba, I learned during my trips to Rio. It can be a very sexy dance!

Regarding gingivitis, it's a very common ailment. The vast majority of cases have absolutely nothing to do with immune deficiency or HIV/AIDS. Having gingivitis and/or being on azithromycin would not affect the validity or accuracy of your HIV-antibody tests. Time to grow a pair, Guy, and do what you obviously know needs to be done. Get tested. Trust me. You'll be glad you did.

Ciao!

Dr. Bob

Previous
continued testing
Next
Pregnant with preliminary positive result

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.