Follow-up Question

Hi Dr, Bob, First of all I want to thank you for all the work you do. I have spent hours for the last 35 days looking at this site. I think 90% of the people on this site with ridiculous questions have OCD. Anyways you answered a question of mine 2 weeks ago. I was exposed by an HIV+ man 35 days ago. He gave me oral and we attempted protected anal where I was the bottom but he was flacid and couldnt get in, I didnt feel any penetration at least so cross my fingers. But I got unprotected oral sex and he also rimmed me. However, I forgot to tell you that I get into scratching and I scratched his back and arms I dont know if I broke his skin and made him bleed or not. I was wondering if that increases my chances for infection? I started getting a tender throat that seems to come and go and my tonsils are slightly swollen I also felt two swollen nodes in my crotch it doesnt hurt but I was rubbing my legs the day after some vigorous exercise and accidently felt them. Thank you again for everything P.S. Stress has caused me to start smoking after 2 yrs of not smoking not sure if that can explain some of this ive had the symptoms for 2 days.

You get into scratching??? Hmm. Bet you don't get many second dates, eh? Assuming you are not Edward Scissorhands and your partner didn't look like an extra from the Texas Chainsaw Massacre movie by the time you were through with him, your HIV-acquisition risk would not be increased.

As for starting to smoke again, I strongly urge you to quit. If you don't, cigarettes will kill you in a very painful and undignified fashion. In many ways cigarettes may be a greater risk to your health than HIV.

False negative on rapid HIV test (oral)
I thought it would be a while before I came back !! Well, Guess Not