Can Rimming be a risk for HIV

Hello Doc. just a brief question. Can Rimming be a risk for HIV if the guy who gives it is HIV+ and I`m negative. is this a risk to get the virus?

Thanks doc ;)

As with so many of the questions that cram their way into my inbox on a continuous basis from throughout the cyber-universe, the information you desire was already waiting for you in the archives. See below.

Anal Rimming my HIV possitive partner without and other Sexual activity Mar 28, 2010

The day before my partner found out he was HIV positive I licked and rimmed his anus. We did not do anything else. No anal penetration , no Penis to mouth contact. We never and still haven't had sex. So I was doing research online and saw that I may have put myself in high risk for it. My gums do tend to bleed. I tested the same day he did and I was clean. But it hasn't been 3 months yet.Should I stress over it or just wait till the 3 month period and hope for the best. I guess my question is...Can i get it from just licking his Anus and what's the risk factor and history of a person getting it through anal rimming. Thank u for your time.

See below.

Analingus and HIV transmission Mar 8, 2010

This question may sound silly, but yesterday a guy preformed analingus on me for about 45 minutes. I have always assumed that oral sex was pretty low risk of transmission. I also felated him for a few minutes unprotected with no ejaculation or detectable precum. However, I did not bother to ask this guy his HIV status, and now I am paranoid about the risk of transmission if this guy was possibly positive. I am mostly paranoid because my anus is somewhat chaffed from the cheap toilet paper that I have been using for the past few days and has caused me to bleed, so this guy's saliva most likely came into contact with broken skin or mucus membrane (whatever type of tissue an anus is made out of)

I have two pieces of advice for you:

1. Read the post below (and others similar in the archives).

2. Switch to Charmin.

Rimming Feb 10, 2010

Okay im a teen i really wanto lick my bf ass put i heard it is not safe that you can get some STDs are they bad?and is there high risk you can get some or low?what should i do should i rim him or not?

Although there have been no documented cases of acquiring HIV from rimming or being rimmed, there are a number of other significant STDs that can easily be transmitted through trimming, including hepatitis A, intestinal parasites and herpes. You can decrease the risk by using a dental dam barrier (or piece of Saran wrap). As for whether to rim or not, only you can decide what level of risk you are willing to take. At least now you have the facts.

Need Help from an Angel
London Bloke found it in the Archives! But, do you ever update your answers?