Need Help from an Angel

Dr Bob - The Angel

My nerves are shot; unprotected sex with a woman for possibly 2-3 minutes before using a condom. After realizing what the hell I was doing I used one. I am terrified at this point. At 6 weeks or 45 days my EIA HIV test came back "Non-Reactive."

I know what you're going to say about the "Window" but does this seem positive to you....positive in a good way. I do not sleep around; just made a mistake.

I have cold sores in my mouth, my groin has been sore on both sides and my testies are a little sore too. I know that anxiety can play a role in how I feel also.

Is there a difference between the EIA and a "Rapid Test?" If so, at this point do you think I should take one? Any advice from you would make me feel so much better.

With Love, Respect and Daily Prayers -

Me

Hello "Me,"

Your negative EIA HIV test at six weeks is very encouraging, but not yet definitive and conclusive. The vast majority of HIV-infected folks will have detectable levels of anti-HIV antibodies in their blood within four to six weeks following HIV primary infection.

ELISA, EIA and rapid tests all assay for anti-HIV antibodies and are very accurate. You can take whichever one is convenient for you at the three-month mark.

I took PEP way to late
Can Rimming be a risk for HIV