I took PEP way to late
Jun 18, 2010
hi dr bob I had a exposure about 7.5 weeks back like a weirdo I went and got pep at 6 weeks and took 1 pill my question is when I test at 13 weeks will that 1 dose of pep delay my conclusive result or can I WooHoo at my 13 week result if its negative? plz plz answer
Response from Dr. Frascino
PEP, as you most likely know, is not recommended if more than 72 hours has lapsed since the exposure.
Your single dose of antiretrovirals at six weeks will not affect the accuracy or validity of your 13-week HIV-antibody test.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Can You Get Hep C From Sharing A Joint?
- Will Hpv Genital Wart Be Detected In A Pap Smear?
- What Will Happen If I Don't Treat Shingles?
- What Pills Can You Take To Get Rid Of Bacterial Vaginosis Or A Yeast Infection?
- What Is The Progression Of Gonorrhea?
- What Are The Chances Of Getting Herpes Or Warts From A Safe Exposure With A Prostitute?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.