Donated Recently; Please Answer Rare Question

Hi Doc...

I have donated to your excellent organization twice and you have answered my questions before. I would like to ask one more, I hope this is the last scare that I will have:

While working as a cashier, I scanned a cereal box that a baby had bitten the corner out of, and I touched the spot where he had bitten. I could feel the saliva on my hand, so I used hand sanitizer to immediately rub it off. I did not see any blood on the box or on my hand at this time. However, a few minutes later I went to the washroom to wash my hands, and I examined my hands very closely. I noticed small specks of blood on the tip of my middle finger and on my pinky right alongside the fingernail. (In the case of the middle finger, the specks were extremely small, and I am not even sure if it was blood, but I am almost positive that there was blood on my pinky finger). After I washed my hands, I did not notice any more blood and there did not seem to be any cuts below where the blood had been. I think that the blood on my pinky finger was just from drying skin, but I can't stop thinking that somehow the blood could have been from the baby and that there is a possibility for HIV infection. Am I at risk here? Should I get tested?

Thanks and best regards

Absolutely no HIV risk whatsoever. (Boy that baby must have been hungry to chew off the corner of a cereal box!)

Be well. Stop worrying.

Discontinued PEP
Official Dr. Bob's Fluffernutter List