Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
Read Now: Expert Opinions on HIV Cure Research

Ask the Experts About

Safe Sex and HIV PreventionSafe Sex and HIV Prevention

Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Should I worry at all?? (and Link to donation please)
Jun 16, 2010

Hi there. I'm a very anxious person with a (maybe) stupid problem. Three days ago, I got really wasted on alcohol and I barely remember that I ended up in a Stripper club. I was so drunk that I barely remember what happened but I remember I received a "private lap dance" from a stripper where we kissed deeply, I licked her breasts and I'm almost sure (90%) that I never got my "thing" out of my pants, but however, I'm not 100% sure we did not have sex because I was so drunk I forgot the details in general. A day later, I started to feel my throat irritated and to worry about a possible HIV infection. Today I feel terrible. I barely could sleep and woke up super anxious with my head very wet in sweat. My throat is still aching a little (no cough or mucus and I don't have fever either). Is it really a worrysome situation?? Should I get tested?? My girlfriend asked me to have sex yesterday (unprotected as always) and I couldn't refuse because I don't want her to know about my stupid (and probably innocuos) adventure, but I don't want to get her in trouble, should I avoid further intercourse with her? (by the way, I live in Mexico where I think HIV prevalence is low). Also, do you think of other risks from deep kissing a lap dancer/prostitute that I should consider?? Also, I can't find how to donate, can you send me the link to make a donation?? What you do is GREAT!

Response from Dr. Frascino

Hi,

See below for a very similar question. My advice to you would be exactly the same.

Donation information for The Robert James Frascino AIDS Foundation can be found on the foundation's Web site at www.concertedeffort.org.

Good luck.

Dr. Bob

Erection while drunk... (maybe funny question) Jun 14, 2010

Hi Dr.!!

My question may seem somewhat funny to you... Last week I was so drunk that I hired a prostitute to have "sex" with her... the situation is that I was so, so drunk that I barely remember what happened later... I have a memory of having the prostitute over me but I don't know if we had sex at all. My belief is that with that amount of alcohol inside me (so much that I can't remember if I had sex or not) it wasn't impossible for me to have an erection, and for that reason there should be no worries. What do you think? Is it possible to have an erection in that advanced state of alcohol intoxication?? Should I get tested or should I forget this event for good?? I cannot deny I'm nervous about this and I've started to feel a lot of "symptoms" of ARS (since day 2 after the event). Please give me your best advice.

Thanx!!

TheDrunkIdiot

Response from Dr. Frascino

Hello The Drunk Idiot,

I thought the "I was so drunk last night I can't remember what happened" excuse was primarily used by married rightwing homophobes when they get caught in gay bars or in bed with gay rent-a-studs!

I found your typo amusing. You wrote: ". . . it wasn't impossible for me to have an erection." I agree with your double negative typo! Since you don't know what happened, other than vague recollections of a hovering hooker and I wasn't there (was I?) to advise if you had coitus interruptus, sexus completus or even if your boozy-limp-dick resulted in a mission impossiblus, testing would be warranted. Consequently I would suggest you get a single HIV-antibody test at the three-month mark. It's the best and perhaps only way to settle your nerves and provide peace of mind. And going through the process will serve as a reminder not to overdo it next time you visit Margaritaville.

Good luck.

Dr. Bob

Previous
Re: Masturbation Dhoti
Next
After 12 weeks of hell; Woo-hooooooo!!!!!!!Hoo-hooooo!!!

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.