The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App 
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
Ask the Experts About

Safe Sex and HIV PreventionSafe Sex and HIV Prevention
Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question
  • Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Dr. Bobby, hope you had a good time in NYC.

Jun 16, 2010

Dr. Bob, Please forgive me, i took the liberty of calling you Bobby, because one of my close friend's name is Bob and i always call him Bobby with love.

I went to a disco club here on Saturday night, i go to this place often, because there you can play billiards over there. There is this one girl who always says hi and gives me a hand shake. I dont know, how much she drunk that night, but she gave me handshake and then took my hand and kissed on my hand. I did not worry much about the incident. But i woke up in the morning, to realise that i had like two small cuts on my hand, i can see the blood, but it was not bleeding or anything, but at the same time it was not dry. So i got panicked after that. Now i am really worried, what if i had caught hiv from that? Should i get tested for HIV Dr?

Thank you. Please answer my concern.

Response from Dr. Frascino


The HIV-acquisition risk from your disco-billiards club handshake and kiss is completely nonexistent. Neither worry, nor HIV testing is warranted.

Yes, I had an excellent time in NYC. I caught up on Broadway shows before Sunday night's Tony Awards, attended a fundraiser, visited with friends and family and explored the current exhibits at the Metropolitan Museum of Art, including a climb on Big Bambu.

Be well.

Dr. Bob

can ayurvedic medicine delay seroconversion?
Hiver gave unprot oral sex

  • Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

 Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS



This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.

Powered by ExpertViewpoint