Need some expert advice on my situation.......

Dr. Frascino,

So here are the details surrounding my question:

Last year I was dating someone, we had sex with a condom twice, I was the top both times. I did receive oral from him, but I did not give oral and we kissed. His semen did come in contact on my skin, but had no cuts or open sores. Then found out he had HIV, he lied that he was tested and was negative, and I freaked out big time! I am super safe and careful and was really let down by him lying. I went and got the test at the 2 week mark, negative. I then lived in "HELL" for 3 months, which I then took the rapid HIV test again, and the results were negative. I have not had sex since that experience over a year ago. In fact the thought of sex scares me now.

Well it has been a year and I am still experiencing this constant uneasy feeling, a pain in my lower abdomen and my stool (sorry, disgusting to talk about) has been really weird the last how many months with it being loose and thin. Just constantly have this uneasy feeling and think it could be a symptom of HIV and that it is probably the HIV that is affecting my digestive tract. I know the rapid test is not 100% perfect, so trying to decide what my next move should be.

So guess my questions are:

Are my symptoms common in HIV individuals? (I know symptoms are not a good detection method, but generally speaking with your years of experience working with HIV)

Do you think I need to do another HIV test? (Which it took all my might to do the first two, so not sure if I can do another)

And third, what else could be causing these symptoms if it is not HIV? (I know that it could be a number of things and I know you specialize in HIV care, but just wanted your expert opinion...)

It would mean the world to me to have you answer my questions that have been plaguing me the last few months.

Will definitely make a donation.

It's important to point out that if you never found out your bottom guy was being less than honest about his HIV status, would you be at any less risk of being HIV infected now? No, of course you wouldn't. My point is that we must assume all our bedmates could be HIV infected and take all the necessary precautions to prevent transmission of the virus, which you did, by the way!!! Remember, one out of every five of the over one million HIVers in the U.S. Has absolutely no idea he is infected with the virus!

You adhered to safer sexual practices; consequently, you should not be "freaking out big time." Your negative rapid HIV test at three months is definitive and conclusive. HIV is not your problem. No way. No how. No additional HIV tests are warranted.

Responding to your specific questions:

1. No.

2. No.

3. Anxiety and stress.

Thanks for your support of The Robert James Frascino AIDS Foundation (www.concertedeffort.org). It's warmly appreciated. Stop worrying and start WOO-HOO-ing. OK?

Continue to play safe and you'll stay safe.

Dr. Bob please answer my qustion I'm going off the deep end!!!!!
Staying Safe