Terrified I caught something. Please help!

I really need help. I consider myself straight but I have always had a fantasy of a homosexual encounter. Recently I decided to act on this fantasy and slept with another guy. We were both drunk and I do not know his sexual history other than he was young and seemed to know what he was doing during the sexual act. We mostly kissed performed oral on each other and rubbed our penisus together. At one point I recieved anal sex. It was protected and we used plenty of lube. I do not think the condom broke. He did not ejaculate inside me and ejaculated after he withdrew and on my chest. This happened a week ago and I have been a nervous wreck since. I can't sleep at night and I'm drinking very hevily. I have a long term partner who is female and I am terrified of passing something on to her. I have even considered suicide. Please help. Could I have caught something? My state of panic could be a result of guilt but I dont know - I'm pretty messed up. I am going to an STD clinic tomorrow for a check up and very nervous about this too. The encounter happened in England.

Your HIV-acquisition risk is extremely low, assuming the latex condom was used properly and didn't break.

You report: "My state of panic could be a result of guilt . . . ." BINGO! I agree.

I would suggest:

1. Level with your girlfriend. It's not only the best way to confront your guilt; it's also the right thing to do. Also, be certain not to put her at risk by having unprotected sex.

2. Get a single HIV-antibody test at the three-month mark. The odds are astronomically in your favor that you did not contract HIV from this sex-perience.

3. Seek the help of a psychiatrist for evaluation of both your suicidal thoughts and also to explore sexual orientation issues. You may consider yourself straight, but having longstanding gay fantasies and acting out on them would suggest otherwise.

Oral sex from HIV positive. (TRANSMISSION VIA ORAL SEX 2010)
Three year old and pep?