|Please help Dr Bob! Possible transmission from prostitute with blood in her mouth!
Jun 16, 2010
Please help me out here Dr Bob as I'am Freaking out! Here goes my story. Everybody has always told me that if a male recieves oral sex from a female (or male, for that matter), the threat for HIV is non existant. So me being me, I pick up a prostitute for a BJ 9 days ago. We did the deal, all was fine and dandy, she goes on her merry way and I go on mine. When I get home I notice about 3 drops of blood on my boxer shorts and immediatly freak out because I know blood puts you at higher risk. Now I have ejaculated a few years ago and had blood come out one time. I dont know why, but I remember that it was a little painful. Now back to my recent hooker situation. When I busted in her mouth, I felt a stinging pain when i ejaculated. The whole BJ did not last longer than 10-15 seconds. When she was finished I wiped my penis off with a blue rag I had in my truck, and I did not visibly see any blood on my penis or the rag. It was when I got home and was using the restroom that i noticed what looked like 3 drops of blood on my boxers, where my penis sits. I have been having severe anxiety over this, as I have a girlfriend who I would not want to spread this to and a 2 year old daughter that I cant bear to live with this. My question is what is my risk if it was somehow the prostitutes blood? I had diherria and nausea for a few days 1 week after exposure and also loss of appetite. I dont know what to do Doc please give me advice as I feel like I may lose it.
Signed truly, Hopefully a Worried Well.
P.S. Please respond, I have not seen any questions like this in the forums. Thank you Dr Bob
| Response from Dr. Frascino
Actually, the risk of HIV acquisition from unprotected insertive oral sex is extremely low, but not "nonexistent." You can read more about this in the chapter in the archives dedicated to oral sex.
Regarding your 15-second blow job (15 seconds??? I could make a comment about you being Quick-draw McGraw, but I won't.), it's a bit difficult to know what really happened and whose blood is on your boxers. Consequently it's equally difficult to assess your HIV risk. My advice is:
1. Get an HIV-antibody test at the three-month mark. The odds remain very much in your favor that you did not contract HIV from your very brief oral encounter.
2. Level with your girlfriend and be sure to use latex condoms with her during the three-month window period.
3. See a urologist regarding your past history of bloody ejaculate and recent experience with painful ejaculation.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Sex With A Prostitute And Possible HIV Exposure
- Sex With A Prostitute And HIV Transmission Risk
- Hiv Transmission Blowjob From A Prostitute
- Hiv Transmission Probability With Prostitute
- Hiv Transmission Probability With Prostitute With Condom
- If You Have Hiv But You Are Undetectable Can You Still Give Someone Hiv While Having Sex?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.