confused whether to discontinue PEP

Hi dr frascino

I've always admired your candor take and advices on HIV. I'm a gay doctor (still in the closet) who only practice mutual masturbation in gay massage parlor as outlet for sexual pleasure. Two days ago, when I went to the spa, I mistakenly agreed to have a Turkish bath where the masseur bath me in a bed with hot running water and soap. He masturbated me as well in the table. I'm afraid of having been exposed to previous clients' seminal fluid being retained in the bed. The masseur though said the bed has been washed and cleaned (but can't seem to trust his word). I started giving myself self prophylaxis with combivir since then. I'm confused whether to continue combivir or maybe I was just being paranoid? It's hard to be objective with my health or that of my family is on the line. Although u placed a towel at the table before lying down, the running water collects in the table (especially when I was prone, soaking my penis/ urethra). Would really appreciate hearing the correct wisdom from u.

Fr admiring colleague

Hello Closeted Colleague,

Your HIV-acquisition risk is nonexistent. I would suggest you discontinue PEP immediately.

"It's hard to be objective with my health . . . ." I absolutely agree and that's why physicians should never self diagnose or self treat!

I should also mention that as a physician you should realize that "closets" are health hazards. I would encourage you to come out. You can read mjuch more about massage parlors, HIV-transmission risks and even "coming out" in the archives of this forum. Have a look. I'm confident you'll find the information enlightening and reassuring.

i demand a response (WHY DONT YOU ANSWER MY QUESTION, 2010)
I bled while inside her