Lipodystrophy

Great work you do, Bob!! I, like you, have carried the hiv bug a while ...since 1990, to be exact. I remain very healthy, and have a neg partner who is a great mate!! My concern -are the drug researchers really working to reduce some of the side effects of the drugs already created? Thank God for the meds, but lipodystrophy continues to run it's course on us, stripping fat cells like there is no tomorrow ...Yikes!!!

Regards, DC bones

Hi D C bones,

Antiretroviral drug side effects and toxicities continue to be a major problem, particularly for us long-timers! The newer drugs appear to have less of a tendency to cause lipodystrophy. Whether they will eventually have other unanticipated long-term side effects, no one knows.

Stay tuned to The Body and we'll keep you updated on new and evolving treatments for lipodystrophy and other drug-induced problems.

Stay well. Let's get through this together and all be here for the cure, OK?

Thanks for your kindness and warmth
Surfer Dude Back at Ya - One more Time Dr. Bob - Great One !!!