Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
Read Now: Expert Opinions on HIV Cure Research

Ask the Experts About

Safe Sex and HIV PreventionSafe Sex and HIV Prevention

Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Bloood in frozen lemon drink
Jun 8, 2010

In 2004, I was drinking a frozen lemon drink slushee thing that I bought from a vendor when I suddenly noticed that there was a reddish-pink patch in the ice. I have had problems with being paranoid about HIV before and started freaking out internally, but was trying to act normal. Then my boyfriend asked me for a bite of the slushee, and for some reason I do not understand I let him take a bite of the pink-red part. The color was noticeable because the rest of the drink was pale white-yellow. I felt incredibly guilty about this and don't know what I was thinking. At the time I didn't know about PEP prophylaxis so I didn't think of that or say anything to him. However, I then checked the internet and saw all your answers about hiv not ever having been transmitted in food, so I kind of put it to rest. This all came back to mind when a few months ago he developed a spot on his torso that I think looks like Kaposi sarcoma. Or a flat mole. We have had unprotected sex for all of these years. I am female. I do not have HIV, at least not the last time I was tested which was early this year. I don't think I would be so worried about this if it had happened to me, but I feel so guilty that I could have potentially put him in danger. I am afraid to tell him this, because he will either think that I am insane for worrying or evil for having given him the slushee. Am I crazy Bob? Should I tell him about this? He has no other reason for getting tested and is never sick.

Response from Dr. Frascino

Thanks for sharing. Now, did you have a question?

As for the reddish-pink frozen lemon slushy thing, I see absolutely no cause for concern. PEP certainly would not be warranted. Stop worrying about frozen tasty treats! (Although I do seem to remember a warning from my mother many years ago to "never eat yellow snow.")

Dr. Bob

Previous
Unprotected Anal Receptive Sex
Next
CAN I CALL IT QUITS?

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.