Does this mean HIV?

Hi Dr. Bob.

My sexual history is as follows:

Sex with 5 women, latex condoms every time.

But, I am a bit troubled by a symptom I am having. While I have read your archives, it doesn't seem to cover this one thing. I have intermittent seborrheic dermatitis that is completely controlled on the scalp and face. I don't get any flares with my prevention remedy; however, I do have one spot in my left armpit that comes back sometimes. It concerns me that I have a bit of body seborrhea, and am wondering if that means I have something to worry about with regard to HIV. I know that it is supposedly common in the general population, but this worries me a bit.

Otherwise, I have noticed no health problems- just the seborrhea. My Primary Care doc and the dermatologist told me it is a trivial matter and nothing to worry about, but I continue to dread the worst.

What dost thou think? Thanks Doc Bob. I'll be sure to make a donation.

Bayou Guy

Hi Bayou Guy,

I'm in total agreement with your primary care doc and the dermatologist! Please note the vast, vast, vast majority of cases of seborrhea have absolutely nothing to do with HIV/AIDS. Also, your sexual adventures were all latex protected. Protected sex is indeed protected, assuming the latex condoms are used properly and don't fail (break). HIV cannot permeate intact latex. No way. No how.

Thou hast no reason to dreadest the worst!

Thanks for your support of The Robert James Frascino AIDS Foundation (www.concertedeffort.org). In return I'm sending my good-luck karma that you are and will always be HIV free.

Good luck. Be well.

Virgin Worried About His First Sexual Contact
AS ALWAYS CONFUSED