Virgin Worried About His First Sexual Contact

Dear Dr. Frascino,

I am 27 years old, 6'2" and 210 lbs. Exactly two weeks ago today, I was with a girl I met on the Internet. We did the following three things: (a) I kissed her breasts and one of her nipples, which tasted like breast milk, but it didn't feel like milk was coming out. (b) Then I licked one of her fingers after she masturbated. Her finger wasn't wet, just kind of sticky and smelly. (c) She also gave me a hand job, but since her hand still wasn't wet, I put some of my KY on her hand. She didn't want me to ejaculate while she was touching me, so I finished with my own hand instead. None of my semen got on her.

And that was all we did; we didn't even kiss because she didn't want to.

She seemed like she was a very careful person, but I don't know anything about her sexual history. Plus, since this was my first sexual experience and I didn't really know what I was doing, I've been really scared about if I've put myself at risk for HIV.

If I may, Dr., please tell me what the risk levels were of the three things we did together.

Also, I've read your excellent articles on this website and I've decided to have a HIV test this fall, at the six-month mark. But, if I may ask, is there anything medically I can do at this early stage?

Thank you in advance for any help you can give me on this. Regardless of your response, I fully intend to make a donation to your organization.

A 27-year-old virgin? Dude, you've got some serious catching up to do!

The HIV-acquisition risk from your Internet hookup is nonexistent. None of the three activities carries any risk of HIV transmission. Neither worry nor HIV testing is warranted. What is warranted, however, is that you become better versed in safer sex techniques. Spend some time perusing the wealth of information in the archives of this forum, paying particular attention to how HIV is and is not transmitted. You should find the information both enlightening and reassuring. Also review the chapters on HIV sexual prevention and safer sex techniques.

Thank you for your support of The Robert James Frascino AIDS Foundation (www.concertedeffort.org). It's warmly appreciated. In return I'm sending you my good-luck/good-health karma that you are now and will always be HIV free.

Be well. Stay safe. Stay well.

Oral sex, vaginal sex
Does this mean HIV?