Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
  Breaking News: FDA Approves Triumeq, New Once-Daily Combination Pill

Ask the Experts About

Safe Sex and HIV PreventionSafe Sex and HIV Prevention

Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Oral sex, vaginal sex
Jun 4, 2010

Hello Dr. Frascino, Thank you for your incredible contribution to humanity! My Question: I had a man that has a questionable background. I am not certain if he is Gay or not. I have known him as a friend but heis very mysterious about his private life. I am suspicious of a sex addiction and that he sees sex workers on a regular basis. Aside I think he is gay. Anyway, he came for a visit he lives in CA I live in Chicago, Il I let him massage my vagina with his hand, he fingered me without a condom, performed cunnilingus on me, and tried to put his penis inside my vagina, I gave him a condom prior and I don't think he put it on!!! I am a virgin and he was able to insert his penis about 2 inches and I yelled for him to pull out. He did immediately. Afterwards, he layed his penis on my wet vagina and I yelled what are you doing he yelled thats you. I am concerned because I had a bikini wax at 11:00 a.m. that morning and the sex was at 1:00 a.m. in the morning and I don't know if any of his semen could have entered my porous labia from having been waxed earlier in the day. In addition, I provided oral sex 1 time unprotected and had my teeth cleaned on Tuesday, and have receding gums. The sex activity was on Friday night. He is very manipululative and and on Saturday morning he took a shower and placed his penis on my mouth and I gave it a few licks I didn't want too!! Needless to say this relationship is OVER!!!!!!!!!!!!! I was tested at 40 days (May 3, 10)after the last exposure which was on Saturday March 20, 10. What are my risks???? I am scheduled to have my next test in July which will give me the full three Months. PS. Let me know how to make a $ 100.00 donation to you foundation. So that I do my part to keep the operation up and running. Thank You, very much.

Response from Dr. Frascino

Hi,

Let's take the worse case scenario and assume the California mystery man was HIV infected. Cunnilingus carries only an extremely minimal risk for HIV transmission. (You can review additional information about the HIV risk associated with cunnilingus in the archives of this forum.)

The minimal penis penetration would be considered very brief unprotected penile-vaginal sex. The CDC's estimated per-act risk for unprotected receptive penile-vaginal sex with a partner confirmed to be HIV infected is 10 per 10,000 exposures.

Oral sex (licking his tallywhacker in the shower) would carry very minimal risks for HIV acquisition.

Your negative 40-day HIV test is very encouraging, but not yet definitive. Please note, since we do not know the serostatus of your ex and your exposures were so extremely brief, your estimated statistical risk for acquiring HIV would be much lower than the statistics quoted above. The statistical odds are all in your favor that you did not contract HIV from this Mr. California.

Thank you for your support of The Robert James Frascino AIDS Foundation (www.concertedeffort.org). It's warmly appreciated. In return I'm sending you my good-luck/good-health karma that you are now and will always be HIV free.

Good luck.

Dr. Bob

Previous
Humping with cloths on
Next
Virgin Worried About His First Sexual Contact

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.