Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

Ask the Experts About

Safe Sex and HIV PreventionSafe Sex and HIV Prevention

Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Nipple Blister!
Jun 4, 2010

Doc,

You are the best! I read your answers regularly and all are candid, honest and free of judgement. Thanks for being here for us.

Gay man here. HIV+. Good numbers. Stable. I had a sexual encounter last THU. Masturbation and touching only (so what else is new?). No oral or any kindno penetrationno fluidsin fact no ejaculation. Pretty extensive nipple-play, however, which I am not accustomed to. My first experience with this - - pinching, pulling, twisting, ouch (some mmm, but mostly ouch), but no oral contact. Nips were very sore & swollen the next day. Then a day later the L one got a blister on the tip of it which still remains. No other symptoms. No little bumps. Nothing else. Just one single blister on the very tip of the L nipple. The R nip is okay. Perhaps a little fat, but otherwise fine.

Do you think that this blister is from the physical abuse or could it be a Zoster outbreak? I take Valtex 500mg daily (regularly) as a Zoster prophylaxis. Havent had an outbreak in years. I get the systemic symptoms maybe once a year when stress is bad (tired, headache, etc), but never a surface outbreak.

Should I get this looked at?

Thanks so much, Doctor.

Response from Dr. Frascino

Hi,

Nipple teasing can indeed be pleasurable and certainly qualifies as safer sex. Tit torture, on the other hand, is more in the OUCHAMAGOUCHA category for more folks and can result in some trauma. Your blister is related to rough play. It will heal. In the future remember to set firm boundaries for the pain/pleasure threshold.

Dr. Bob

Previous
Panty licking (PANTIES 2010) (PANTY PARANOIA, 2010)
Next
Hey Doc, knock knock!!

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.