You're a Doctor, I went to see a Doctor, Now I need a Doctor , Your word is Final.

Dr. Bob,

I am back for a re-visit. I read your forums and have asked you questions in the past. I thank you for helping me. I went to the ENT doctor to get my ears checked out. An hour before I went I nicked my face with the razor while shaving. At the doctors office he went to tilt my head a certain way to look into my ears. He grabbed my face with his hand that was all beat up,,,, meaning he had some scratches, gashes, cuts, things like that from doing yard work over the weekend. I did ask him how he banged up his hand and he told me it was from doing yard work the day before. My ENT is a HIV+ person. I know you doctors have lives outside of the office. I don't know how much of an outside life you have Dr. Bob, dealing with the world and all their questions. You are an very amazing man. We love you for helping us. My question is... that his banged up hand with all the marks over it was lying directly on top on the nick where I got my razor cut an hour ago. I didn't have it covered with anything and he directly touched that area. What are my chances of getting HIV this way? Is there any way possible I am going to get HIV from this doctors visit? Do I need to get another test?

Thank You for everything, Rich

Hey Rich,

Re-welcome for your re-visit!

So doctors have lives outside of the office??? Really? Damn, why didn't anyone tell me? OK, gotta go. Bye, see ya. Well, since I'm in a plane at 36,000 feet, I guess I really can't go outside and play just now. So, back to your question.

Your chances of contracting HIV from Dr. Better Homes and Gardens is nonexistent. Day-old "scratches, gashes, cuts and things like that" pose absolutely no HIV-transmission risk to a razor-nicked face. Remember, physicians routinely and consistently practice universal precautions to prevent the transmission of blood-borne pathogens, such as HIV and hepatitis. Your fears are completely unwarranted. HIV testing is not warranted.

Thanks for your kind comments Rich.

Be well. Stay well.

Where have you been Dr. Bob ? We miss You!!
Are you ok????