NEED HELP EMERGENCY
Jun 3, 2010
about 2 months ago, I had unprotected oral sex(he did not ejaculate) and protected anal sex(condom didnt break, I saw sperm in it afterward) with another guy( I am aslo a guy). He informed me he was hiv negative, but I was not convinced and went on combivir as a PEP. After 30 days of nausea, diareea and severe tiredness I finished my dose.I got tested 10 days after starting pep and it came back negative. Now, 1 month after completing my pep I stil feel tired, and I am scared that I might still have contracted HIV. So my life is hell now. I will be getting my test(hiv) results back on monday. SO my question is as follows: 1. Is the tiredness mormal, when does it stop 2. What are my chances of contracting hiv even after this hell.
Please advise me, i cant concentrate or study, I am suppossed to be writting exams soon. I am 20 years old.
Response from Dr. Frascino
Based on the information provided, I would not have recommended PEP.
1. Your fatigue at this point is most likely unrelated to PEP. It could be due to anxiety and stress.
2. Extremely low to essentially nonexistent.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- What Has Caused The Evolution Of Drug-resistant Strains Of Hiv?
- Will I Be Okay Having Protected Sex With Hpv?
- Will Hpv Genital Wart Be Detected In A Pap Smear?
- Will Hpv 16 And Hpv 18 Go Away On Its Own?
- Will Genital Warts Eventually Go Away And Not Flare Up Again?
- What Does Chlamydia Do To Your Body?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.