Please answer me, I have stopped PEP and I am terrified

Dear Dr. Bob,

I wrote you yesterday asking you for advice regarding a protected intercourse I had with a girl. After having sex with a friend of mine I went to get PEP and I took it for a couple of days, the effects were so bad that I just quit the treatment altogether. Now I am terrified thinking I can be infected I dont think the condom broke and when I finished I could see all the sperm was still in the condomto make things worst, I had a small cut in my finger that I am positive was in contact with the outer part of the vagina of my friend.

Please, would you mind to answer the following questions for me?

1. What would be the risk of infection of Hepatitis C and HIV based on the above scenario? 2. Was PEP warranted or necessary? 3. Should I get tested for Hepatitis C and HIV?

My friend says she was tested a month ago but not for Hepatitis C, only for HIV and she told me she was HIV free.

Please, please help me here, I have a very demanding job and I can not think about anything else but this issue, even my boss wanted to send me to the emergency room since I am continuously shaking during the day.

I beg you to help me, I am really desperate

Thank you Dr. Bob I know you will reply this time

1. "Protected" sex is indeed protected, assuming the latex condom was used properly and did not fail (break). Your HIV and hepatitis C risk would be essentially nonexistent. The small cut on your finger would not present a significant risk.

2. No.

3. The main reason for you to consider testing would be psychological; for peace of mind. The odds are astronomically in your favor that you did not contract HIV from this sexperience. If your horizontal mattress mambo mate is indeed a friend, perhaps she would consider getting a rapid HIV test to help assuage your fears.

I know...QTND
Mutual Male Masterbation