|Please answer me, I have stopped PEP and I am terrified
Jun 3, 2010
Please answer me, I have stopped PEP and I am terrified
Dear Dr. Bob,
I wrote you yesterday asking you for advice regarding a protected intercourse I had with a girl. After having sex with a friend of mine I went to get PEP and I took it for a couple of days, the effects were so bad that I just quit the treatment altogether. Now I am terrified thinking I can be infected I dont think the condom broke and when I finished I could see all the sperm was still in the condomto make things worst, I had a small cut in my finger that I am positive was in contact with the outer part of the vagina of my friend.
Please, would you mind to answer the following questions for me?
1. What would be the risk of infection of Hepatitis C and HIV based on the above scenario? 2. Was PEP warranted or necessary? 3. Should I get tested for Hepatitis C and HIV?
My friend says she was tested a month ago but not for Hepatitis C, only for HIV and she told me she was HIV free.
Please, please help me here, I have a very demanding job and I can not think about anything else but this issue, even my boss wanted to send me to the emergency room since I am continuously shaking during the day.
I beg you to help me, I am really desperate
Thank you Dr. Bob I know you will reply this time
| Response from Dr. Frascino
1. "Protected" sex is indeed protected, assuming the latex condom was used properly and did not fail (break). Your HIV and hepatitis C risk would be essentially nonexistent. The small cut on your finger would not present a significant risk.
3. The main reason for you to consider testing would be psychological; for peace of mind. The odds are astronomically in your favor that you did not contract HIV from this sexperience. If your horizontal mattress mambo mate is indeed a friend, perhaps she would consider getting a rapid HIV test to help assuage your fears.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Itchy Vagina After Deep Kissing Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Painful Ejaculation After Condom Broke Anal Worried I Have HIV
- Rectal Bleeding After Rimming Worried I Have HIV
- Vaginal Discharge After Anal Sex Condom Broke Worried I Have HIV
- Ghanarea Std
- Red Brown Clots Discharge And Back Pain, 7 Weeks
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.