Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

Ask the Experts About

Safe Sex and HIV PreventionSafe Sex and HIV Prevention

Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

YOUR THE BEST DOC
May 28, 2010

Hi I want to say that i find lots of comfort in reading in your forum. You are such a good person your willingness to help others is absolutely amazing. I have read many post in the forum but would just like to hear it from you directly. I cheated on my wife whom i have just told the sex was unprotected back in sep of 09 as of January i got my first episode of epididymitis and have had it a total of 4 times since then. I was HIV tested feb 26 and mid April also in that time i was tested for chlamydia and gonorrhea both negative. my wife has also tested for HIV late April oral swab also came back negative. Do i or my wife warrant any further testing for HIV im just so afraid that the test are wrong. my wife has lost considerable amount of weight such as 20+ pounds in that time. Please set my mind at ease.

Response from Dr. Frascino

Hi,

Thanks for your kind words.

Your repeatedly negative HIV tests out to seven months are definitive and conclusive. HIV is not your problem. No way. No how. No additional HIV tests are warranted.

Regarding your four bouts of epididymitis, I doubt these were four separate infections but rather one chronic infection that didn't clear completely with treatment.

As for your wife's weight loss, if this is unintentional, she should see her doctor for an evaluation. It's not HIV related but she could have other medical problems as the underlying cause. Good luck to you both. I'm pleased you leveled with your wife regarding your lapse in judgment.

Be well.

Dr. Bob

Previous
Salaam from Charikar-Afghanistan, I have arrived at your door step
Next
again donation of 50 dollors in 2010

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.