Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
Read Now: Expert Opinions on HIV Cure Research

Ask the Experts About

Safe Sex and HIV PreventionSafe Sex and HIV Prevention

Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Please Answer Doc Will Donate
May 28, 2010

Doc,I had receptive anal sex[really regret for what I did] After 2 weeks I came down with rashes,mylagia and athralagia... My partner got tested after 10days using elsa and he was negative,and again after 10 weeks using TRIDOT,it was negative again...

I got tested at 6 and 10 weeks using elisa was negative both the times...at 7,8,9,14,17 weeks I got tested using rapid test[tridot],it was negative all the times...

PLEASE DOC answer my question,have written before also but no reply from u...Can I be free now or u suggest more testing?

Will definitely donate as much as I can...

PLEASE ANSWER

Response from Dr. Frascino

Hello,

Assuming the receptive anal sex was unprotected, you did place yourself at risk for STDs, including HIV. That your partner tested HIV negative out to 10 weeks and you've had multiple (and excessive) testing out to 17 weeks, which was also consistently negative, means your results can be considered definitive and conclusive. HIV is not your problem. No way. No how. No additional HIV testing is warranted.

Thank you for your donation to The Robert James Frascino AIDS Foundation (www.concertedeffort.org). It's warmly appreciated. Now yell WOO-HOO and never ever put yourself at risk again, OK?

Be well.

Dr. Bob

Previous
Doc, I really need you my brother..(Donor)
Next
I am beyong believing I am HIV poz! (ANOTHER I'M POSITIVE I'M POSITVE, FLUFFERNUTTER MAXIMUS! 2010 ),

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.