Not a question this time, it's about the link to your foundation

Hello there Doc!!!!!!

First of all, I would like to know how you are. I always get worried about you and I would like to know how you are, Doc.

Well, I forgot to say. It's me, the BFF Brazilian guy. I want to tell you that I got better of my blepharitis and my penis is also cured. My folliculitis appears from times to times, but I think I'm a little better.

I didn't get tested yet because Brazilian Health Department told that the H1N1 vaccine could cause a false positive and I was vaccined. What do you say about it?

Well, I bought a thing to you and to Dr. Steve. I found it very cool, as soon I return to Sao Paulo I'll post it. I hope you both like it!!!! Do you know Sao Paulo? You're invited to come here, Doc!!!

Well, as soon I return I will work on the site I mentioned to you. Do you have any icon that I could use for the link to you foundation? Is there anything you would like me to use?

As soon I get back I'll do my montly donation (I told you I'll do it from now on). I'm accessing from a portable device and it doesn't get very connected sometimes. I prefer to do it from my computer, ok?

Doc, once again you and dr. Steve are the best. You doc gave me back my sanity. I don't search thing in internet anymore, even because I finally found out (thanks to you!!!) that internet is a horror circus sometimes.

Oh, I'll send my book in a CD and alsk the pictures from my trip, dear doc!!!!

Thank you very very much!!!!!!!!

From your BFF

Hi BFF,

Thanks for your concern. All is status quo here. Glad to hear your skin problems are clearing up and that you are no longer searching the "horror circus!"

Regarding H1N1 vaccine, it is theoretically possible vaccinations such as the seasonal flu vaccine and the H1N1 vaccine could induce nonspecific cross-reacting antibodies that could cause a "false positive" HIV-antibody test. Consequently waiting to get your HIV test if you've been recently vaccinated is perfectly reasonable.

As for Sao Paolo, yes, I've been there, and it's an impressive city. However, I must admit I tend to spend more time in Rio de Janeiro when my travels take me to Brazil.

Regarding the foundation links, when you get back from your travels, contact the foundation directly (frascinoaidsfound@sbcglobal.net). They will be more than happy to provide you with whatever you may need.

Thanks again for your support of The Robert James Frascino AIDS Foundation (www.concertedeffort.org). It's warmly appreciated.

Be well. Safe travels.

Thank you, doc! Thank you very much!! May 15, 2010

Hello there, doc!!!

It's the BFF Brazil guy again!!! Remember me?

I don't want to bother you, I just want to say thank you for your answer.

Doc, you're amazing and I will never be tired to say that!!

I know you will scold me for this, but I still haven't been tested... I will, I will!!! But I'm making my mind to go there... It's a promise, doc!! And you'll be the first one to know the results... I'm still affraid because that penis inflamation looks to be a candidiasis...

Well, besides thanking you, I have a doubt...

I've always read that it requires a minimum quantity of virus to make an infection. So doesn't only one virus infect someone?

Tears, sweat and saliva don't have enought virus quantity, right? Well, let's suppose that tears or sweat (or saliva without blood) make direct contact with boodstream (this hasn't happened, it's just a supposition). There are virus in there, even in small quantity. So, what happens to them?

Does the body kill them? Does the body creat antibody for them (even killing them)? In that case, a test could be positive because of those antibodies, without having any virus?

That's a curiosity, ok?

Once again, doc, thank you very much. You're an angel on earth and even knowing that you may know, I have to say that you don't know how much you help people...

Thanks a lot!!!!!

from your BFF Brazilian guy

Hello BFF Brazilian Guy,

No, I won't scold you for not getting tested yet, but I will encourage you to do so. You'll be glad you did!

Regarding your penis inflammation, you should see a dermatologist to get that cleared up. Even if you have a candidal infection, that doesn't mean it's HIV-related. The vast, vast, vast majority of candida infections have absolutely nothing to do with HIV/AIDS!

The body's immune system has mechanisms other than specific antibody formation to battle invaders, such as HIV. Many HIV exposures do not lead to HIV transmission due to these mechanisms. Yes, a certain quantity (inoculum) of virus is generally needed to cause an infection.

Finally, you are correct: Tears, sweat and saliva do not transmit HIV (even if they were to get into the bloodstream).

Now, stop with all the hypothetical concerns and go get tested, OK?

Yet another confusing thing about this virus
I'm HIV+ and an infant bit my face, risky for the infant? (HUMAN BITE, 2010)