Protected Top/ Chlamydia/ HIV poz bottom

Hello Dr. I was recently dating a guy who turned out to be a maniac. the first two weeks we moved in together, I was diagnosed with chlamydia. I dont know how i got it I have always used condoms, and to my knowledge, I have never seen a condom broke. I have been a top, and bottom as well. Always with a condom. Which is why im still confused on why I caught the chlamydia. My exboyfriend, had always claimed to be STD and HIV neg, however when he was tested, he turned up to be HIV poz. I also found a website where he promoted his massage therapy as "sensual massages", which included multiple photos of him posing naked, in various dirty positions, and so all this time he was hooking up with others and exposing me to HIV. All this time he denied EVERYTHING! I left him, however Im still really concerned about my health. He was a liar, and exposed me to std and HIV. I am waiting to get my RNA test results in 1 week. Im really scared. Ive never used this website, and I would be more than happy to donate. Please let me know how I can do it.

Thanks.

Sorry to hear your ex turned out to be a dishonest whack-job!

Regarding STDs, some, such as chlamydia, are quite easy to transmit and acquire, whereas others, such as HIV, are not. I'm pleased you have "always" used condoms! BRAVO. If you used latex condoms properly and they did not fail (break), your HIV-acquisition risk would be essentially nonexistent. HIV cannot permeate intact latex. No way. No how. Unfortunately many folks don't use condoms "properly" and consequently can put themselves at some degree of risk for STDs, including HIV.

If you've had a significant exposure to a partner who is confirmed to be HIV infected, the CDC recommends HIV-antibody testing immediately (baseline), at three months and again at six months. HIV PCR RNA testing is generally not used for routine HIV screening due to the rate of false positives, cost and other technical considerations. The FDA has formally approved only one HIV PCR RNA test for diagnostic HIV screening (APTIMA).

You can read much more about HIV prevention, transmission, and testing in the archives of this forum.

Donation information for The Robert James Frascino AIDS Foundation can be found on the foundation's Web site at www.concertedeffort.org. Thank you for your desire to help others in desperate need. In return I'm sending you my good-luck karma that your definitive HIV-screening tests remain negative.

PCR Questions related to PEP
how does HIV create? (HIV TRANSMISSION BETWEEN TWO HIV NEGATIVES, 2010)