Validity of older tests

Hi Dr. Bob How are you? I hope all is well:) I have chatted with you in the past and you gave me the "all ok" Roughly ten years later I'm questioning testing that was done back in 2000. I had a blood test performed at a local clinic 7 months after my only potential exposure. It came back negative. I was wondering if the blood testing that was done back in those days was accurate enough regarding window periods etc. I'm pretty sure I know the answer, but I just thought I'd ask and say hello as well! I think the answer is: Even in 2000 a negative blood test at 7 months is conclusive and definitive! thank you!

Michael

Hi Michael,

Welcome back to the forum.

I've chatted with you before and gave you the "all OK" for your negative 7-month HIV-antibody test roughly ten years ago. Well, here we are a decade later (wow that 10 years flew by, eh?) and I'm once again giving you an "all OK!" Yes, the older tests are valid, conclusive, definitive and WOO-HOO-able.

See ya in 2020!

HIV
Can I donate through Credit Card?