May 23, 2010
hello, doctor I feel better after reading your forum...can you please tell me how did u tested positive for hiv? did u have elisa and western blot positive or just positive elisa? I feel bad that human being like u would have to have this virus...I hope scientist will find cure for hiv soon..Thanks for your reply.....
| Response from Dr. Frascino
An HIV diagnosis can only be made when a preliminary test, such as an ELISA, is confirmed by a more specific test, such as a Western Blot. I had a positive ELISA followed by a positive confirmatory Western Blot.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Itchy Rash After Unprotected Sex Without Ejaculation Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Rash After Anal Sex Condom Broke Worried I Have HIV
- Tingling In Feet After Licking Genital Worried I Have HIV
- White Bumps On Penis After Rubbing Penis Worried I Have HIV
- How Accurate Is Hpv Testing?
- Lower Back Pain And Abnormal Vaginal Bleeding
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.