Your answer to the homophobic man.

This is not a question but a response to one of your answers. I loved it!!!! I am referring to the question about why there are only pictures of gay men on this web site. I just wonder why he was on the site to begin with? Leaves a lot to the imagination. Obviously he didn't check out the for women section. You are doing a great service on this site and in no way deserve to be treated in that manner.

Thanks for your support. Chances are folks like "Peter" (see below) who visit this site have fears related to their behavior, but are so terrified of the potential consequences they try to convince themselves they really do live in some sort of parallel universe where HIV couldn't possibly find or hurt them. HIV/AIDS clinics are full of "Peters!"

Thanks for your support.

Only Male Gay Couples Shown On TheBody.com May 19, 2010

How come all of the advertisements and pictures on thebody.com show gay men couples together? You and all of the other people who are trying to scare heterosexuals have said that it is not a gay disease, yet all of the visuals on this website show gay couples "caring" for each other. Why are there visuals of a male and female couple on this website????

I am sure by now you understand my point. While I understand there is a airplane-landing-in-my-front-yard chance of heterosexuals receiving HIV through normal, every day heterosexual sex, I am still perplexed why the homosexual community have to pressure everyone else to make this disease a "human" disease. Indeed, it is a gay and drug user disease.

So my question is this: Will the gay community ever collectively admit HIV is a gay disease, e.g. how that LA organization did a few years back? Why does the homosexual community feel it is necessary to burden the entire community with what is obviously a "gay disease?"

I dare you to be a pioneer in finally admitting HIV is a gay and drug user disease. Blood to blood, e.g. drug injections, and rough anal sex. I guarantee a $100 donation if you can do so. Thank you.

Peter

Hello Peter,

Do you really believe a virus can tell the difference between a gay person and a heterosexual? Peter, if you don't want to believe scientific fact and nearly 30 years of HIV epidemiological statistics, how about just using a bit of common sense? Rather than just looking at the gay male couples in the advertisements on this site, why not read some of the content or view the photos of actual heterosexual couples infected with HIV? This site, its archives and all the related links are loaded with real life testimonials, news reports and statistics from every respected national and international HIV/AIDS organization which clearly underscore the realities of the pandemic. That you can navigate this site and manage to avoid noticing this is truly astounding and speaks volumes of your personal "beliefs" despite overwhelming evidence to the contrary. Believe what you will Peter; it doesn't change fact and reality. For instance, if you want to believe "there is an airplane-landing-in-your-front-yard chance of heterosexuals contracting HIV through normal every day heterosexual sex," that's entirely your prerogative. But considering there are 33.5 million people worldwide living with HIV and nearly 16 million of them are women, I really have to wonder how you could expect anyone in their right mind to conclude HIV is a gay disease! The fact is that worldwide HIV/AIDS is primarily a heterosexual disease transmitted primarily by what you term "normal every day heterosexual sex." Peter, it's time to wake up and smell the AZT. The only way your "airplane-in-my-front-yard" comment could be true would be if your front yard happened to be a runway at JFK airport.

Peter, keep your money (I'm sure you intended to anyway) and consider spending it on some educational books and reference materials about the AIDS pandemic. Start with the PBS special "The Age of AIDS." It chronicles the first 25 years of the epidemic. After that, why not spend some time at an AIDS hospice or visit the AIDS ward at a hospital?

Peter, I am not trying to scare heterosexuals. What I provide is scientific fact and the benefit of my over a quarter of century of experience as an HIV/AIDS physician specialist. What's really frightening to me is that nearly 30 years into this pandemic there are still folks like you Peter who manage to live in some sort of parallel universe that believes HIV could never find or infect them because they are in some sort of heterosexual protective AIDS-proof bubble.

Good luck Peter. I do think you'll need it.

One More Question please
Electric hair clippers part 2