Really worried about my young son.Please help me with this.

Dr. Bob, What a great site, I will be donating yearly. It is well worth it! Here is my question. My toddler son has a friend that comes over for playdates three times a week. He is from a single parent home so I help out by babysitting. They love to play outside and there have been a few times where this little boy has had a scraped knee and most recently a bloody nose, his dad said due to allergies and the dry air. The bloody nose occured and my son got his blood on his hands and I am sure the blood ended up other places in the house. My concern is this child was adopted Internationally and I know that HIV in some countries is more prevalent. Do I need to be concerned for my son or my family for that matter? He came over the other day with a cut on his finger and I put neosporin and a band aid on it, but he didn't show it to me right away and he had already played with my childs toys. He said he had cut it earlier in the day, but it was still bleeding a bit. I am anxiety ridden over this and I don't want to be forward and ask his dad if he has hiv. I am sure you can understand. Please let me know if I even need to worry.

Your worries are unwarranted. HIV is not transmitted by casual contact. Blood-to-blood transmission is a risk, but this would require an adequate amount of fresh HIV-tainted blood to come into contact with an open wound. It's extremely unlikely your child's play date is HIV infected. And it's even more unlikely that a significant blood-to-blood exposure would occur unless they're playing "Texas Chainsaw Massacre" using real chainsaws.

In need of help, I'll donate don't know how though
Thank you but still worried