Not a question but a request for your blog
May 23, 2010
I regularly view your blog and question answers and sometimes get very amused by your great sense of humour. I have been noting that a lot of people post questions about ARS, about catching the virus from environmental surfaces, thinking needles are re-used during testing and finally from lancets.
I think you should put on your next blog an overview of how delicate the virus is and explain on the following. I think it will really benefit people.
- Virus needs a perfect environment to transmit - How quickly and why the virus dies when exposed to air and cannot transmit - Why blood testing is not a risk from transmission - Always get tested when having unprotected intercourse, sharing needles, and having DIRECT blood to blood contact - Why a lancet device when switching the needle in the device cannot transmit even if the same needle was re-used - Mutual handjobs and kissing cannot transmit
Response from Dr. Frascino
Thanks for your kind comments. I doubt I'll blog on the topics you listed, as I've already addressed them multiple times in this forum, and I wouldn't want to be accused of becoming "The Department of Redundancy Department."
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Is It Possible To Have Hiv And Herpes At The Same Time?
- Can You Be Exposed To Hiv And Not Get It?
- Can You Get Hiv If A Nurse Does Not Use Gloves When She Takes Your Blood?
- How Long Does It Take For Hiv To Disrupt Wbc On Cbc?
- Scars That Appear From Hiv On Skin
- Boost Immune System For Hiv Patients
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.