Negative beyond six months.

Hi Doc, I just wanted to let you know that I am negavative beyond six after being exposed to the virus for about 2 years. If you can still remember my boyfriend tested pos in 2008 and we were not using protection, you advised me to test beyond 3 months. I am glad to report that I have tested negative. Thank you very much for your hard work and wish you nothing but the best in your life, you are a blessing.

Doc what I would like to know is how come I didnt get the virus during that extensive exposure and can my blood be used as a research to find "cure"?

God Bless you and your family. Young beautiful South African Woman

Hi Young Beautiful South African Woman,

Congratulations on your negative six-month test! WOO-HOO.

As to why you didn't become infected despite being exposed to HIV, this is a common question. Not every HIV exposure leads to HIV infection (thankfully!). There are many factors involved in whether a particular exposure will lead to transmission. These involve viral factors (viral strain, viral load, etc.) and host factors (immune integrity, local trauma, concurrent STDs or other ailments, etc.).

No need to donate your blood, but your offer and desire to help others is laudable!

Be well. Stay well.

ANXIETY OVER NEEDLES!!!!
ARS, Stressed Out & Tommorows My Birthday!