The Facts

Hi- There is this guy that I have been good friends with for the past 6 years. We have always had an attraction for each other and finally 2 weeks ago we made out. Yesterday we finally met up again and he told me that he is HIV Positive (I am negative) and that he is not sure if he can do a relationship and that I need to do my research to decide if I can. I have done a lot of research and know that I do want to continue towards a partnership. I am scared that he won't want to. Is there any facts or research that I can show him that a relationship can work between a positive and negative partner?

Many, perhaps all, magnetic couples have these fears initially. The positively charged partner often worries about infecting his negative partner. The negative partner could be worried not only about his own health but concerned about his poz partner getting ill or dying. Communication is key to resolving these issues and many others. I would suggest you and your virally enhanced buddy begin by reading through the chapter devoted to magnetic couples in the archives of this forum. Use the information and testimonials found there to open discussion of the individual concerns you each may have. You might also point out to your potential Mr. Right that I am the positive component in my magnetic relationship with my Mr. Right -- Steve ("Dr. Steve," the physician expert in The Body's Tratamientos forum). We've been together for 16 years and counting. It's proof positive (so to speak) that not only do opposites attract but that "happily every after" can indeed come true for magnetic couples. It did for us.

Only Male Gay Couples Shown On TheBody.com
Please Help me get my Sanity back - I came up with $50 to doante.