Low Viral Load=Less Risk of Contraction?

Simple question, and you've probably already addressed it, but I can't find it on here: If an HIV+ guy says his "viral load is virtually undetectable," does that mean it is harder for me, HIV-, to contract it from him? I don't sexually discriminate against poz guys, but I plan on staying neg and living to at least 100. Any help?

Effective combination antiretroviral therapy that drives the HIV plasma viral load to undetectable levels for a considerable period of time significantly decreases the risk of HIV transmission, but (and this is an important "but") it does not completely eliminate the risk. Consequently if you want to protect your negative HIV status, continue to use latex condoms properly for all penetrative sex with all of your partners.

Thanks for not discriminating based on HIV serostatus! Some of us positively charged dudes make great husbands, lovers and happily-ever-afters!

HIV Positive
HIV and HIV PEP