HIV transmission from water splash in the eye/s in public restroom
May 19, 2010
I went to a movie theater yesterday. I was splashed in the eye with water by someone who had just washed or rinsed his hands after using the toilet. I don't know this person or their HIV status. I don't know if they had cuts in their fingers, hands, etc. All I know is that he did shake his hands near me and water did enter my eye. Is this a risk for HIV transmission? If so, am I too late to receive PEP?
Response from Dr. Frascino
"Is this a risk for HIV transmission?" Nope!
Should you take PEP? No, of course not. What you should do is read through the archives of this forum, paying particular attention to exactly how HIV is and is not transmitted!
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Itchy Testicles After Touching Used Condom Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Loose Stool After Swallowing Sperm Worried I Have HIV
- Rash After Kissing Cold Sore Worried I Have HIV
- Sore On Penis After Sex With Stripper Condom Broke Worried I Have HIV
- Constant Vaginal Bleeding No Pain
- If You Keep Getting Vaginal Infections In Your Vagina, Do That Mean You Have HIV?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.