"The Age Of AIDS"

Thanks for the info about this PBS program. Just wanted to let you know I found it for free at pbs.org and by typing The Age of AIDS into the search field. I believe you said it could be found at Net Flicks and Blockbuster, which is good for people who don't like watching things on their computers.

I've been wanting to see a documentary that follows newly infected people through the process of finding out they have the virus, to visits to their HIV docs, and dealing with disclosure and mental health. I know when I found out, I was so clueless what I needed to do or what happens at the doc's office. Know of any documentaries like that?

I've worked in TV news since I was 19 and I think about producing a documentary like this almost every day. I've seen a few about the history of HIV/AIDS, but I couldn't find one that goes in-depth into diagnosis and treatment--following a few newly diagnosed people or long-term survivors. I just read about one called "The Other City" about HIV in Washington D.C. It hasn't been released yet--only shown in NYC thus far.

I'm glad you found "The Age of AIDS" on pbs.org. It does a good job describing the first 25 years of the epidemic.

Regarding a documentary that follows newly diagnosed HIVers, sorry, nothing memorable comes to mind. Perhaps you should proceed with your plan to make such a film!

I haven't seen "The Other City" yet. But I will be in New York City next week and will try to see it there.

Concerned about infecting via car accident
unprotected sex.