PLEASE ADD TO MY PREVIOUS EMAIL!

I forgot something important, im driving my mom crazy and i begged her to add $20 to my donation and she agreed!! I forgot to say that i laid down a 1 PLY piece of toilet paper down before I sat but it didn't cover the entire seat. Is this ok, and would it help decrease the odds of hiv infection?

$40 donation being sent, but dont forget to let me know if cash is safe to send through mail. thanks doctor, your the best and im glad i can talk to someone about these worries.

Hello D,

With or without the layer of 1-ply Charmin', your HIV-acquisition risk remains nonexistent.

Yes, the foundation accepts all forms of currency, including cash.

Be well. Stop worrying. If you can't stop worrying, counseling may help.

My mom asked a question for me (HOW HIV IS TRANSMITTED, 2010) May 16, 2010

Hi my mom recently asked you a question that you kindly responded to. She donated some money and said that I should come on this site whenever I have questions. I will donate also. I'm 15 but I work side jobs around my neighborhood and can donate$20. My uncle has HIV and its really been scarring me. I don't know alot about hiv but i know its serious enough. hers my question: Q: I used the toilet (number 2) right after my uncle that has hiv. Is there a risk because i have sores; acne on my behind as well as cuts on the back of my leg from sports. Is this a risk if he left semen or blood on the toilet seat then I sat? my mom says this whole thing may be causing me to get ocd. i dont know if its a real worry or ocd. PlEASE HELP. I will send my $20 today. Is cash ok to send through the mail?

-D

Hello D,

Your concerns about using the toilet immediately after your positively charged uncle are completely unwarranted. HIV is not transmitted by casual contact, such as sharing bathrooms. (See below.)

Epoxy Resin (HOW HIV IS TRANSMITTED, 2010) Feb 12, 2010

Hi im 14 and had a question. my friend told me that epoxy resin that you make jewelry with, causes hiv. my mom told me shes lying and that shes just jealous because a lot of people like my jewelry. is this true? my mom said she will send $20 to your foundation if you could make me feel a lil better. thank you doctor robert.

Your mom is correct! Your friend is either really dumb, misinformed or viscously jealous! You might want to reconsider that friendship if she really is knowingly lying to you. See below for a similar concern (involving chewing gum) and a discussion on how HIV is and is not transmitted. Feel free to share my response with your mom.

Be well.

12 years old and i have a question about chewing gum and hiv. i will donate $20 (HOW HIV IS TRANSMITTED, 2009) Nov 25, 2009

I was sent here by my mom. she said you'd be able to help me out. My uncle just got diagnosed with hiv and since that ive been so afraid of it. here is my question, i was visiting my cousin's college campus and he took me in one of his classes. I pulled up a desk and felt a piece of gum someone had stuck under the desk. I had just cut my finger yesterday really bad with a knife (it was deep)

is there a risk if the person that had chewed the gum had hiv and bit their tongue or cheek then got blood on the gum and then i rubbed my finger on the gum and the blood got into my cut?

my mom says she will send you $20 so you can help, because she thinks i need to hear this from someone else because i wont listen to her. please help me.

HIV cannot be transmitted from pre-chewed gum. There are only a few ways HIV can be transmitted:

Sexual transmission. Unprotected sex between a person infected with HIV and an HIV-negative person.

Blood exposure. This can occur through injection drug use when an HIV-negative person shares syringes with an HIV-positive person. Blood-exposure transmission can also occur if an HIV-positive person is actively bleeding and fresh HIV-positive blood comes into contact with an open wound in an HIV-negative person. (This would involve blood-to-blood contact.) HIV can also be transmitted through blood transfusions, although this risk is virtually non-existent in places where the blood supply is screened for HIV.

Childbirth and breastfeeding. HIV-infected women can transmit HIV to their infants during childbirth or by breastfeeding.

HIV is not spread through contact with saliva, urine, sweat, feces or pre-chewed gum! And it is not transmitted by mosquitoes, exposure of blood/bodily fluids to intact skin, kissing, hugging, holding hands, handshakes, sharing drinking glasses or eating utensils, or mutual masturbation.

So, I'm siding with Mom on this one. No risk? OK? Don't be afraid of your uncle or of chewed gum. Once you learn the facts about HIV, it becomes much less scary.

Be well!

My mom asked a question for me (HOW HIV IS TRANSMITTED, 2010)
red cross goof up!