The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App 
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
Ask the Experts About

Safe Sex and HIV PreventionSafe Sex and HIV Prevention
Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question
  • Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

OCD, anxious and need a question answered

May 16, 2010

Dear doctor bob i have done research in your archives extensively and am currently seeing a couselor about my phobias.

I have asked you several times about the detox center i was in and the open abrasion on my arm and dirty fingers, inanimate objects, and touching open pussie wounds.

For my own sanity so i stop worrying and driving myself nuts and everyone else please answer my question.

Please tell me where i can donate because you have helped me in the past.

Response from Dr. Frascino

Hi OCD-Guy,

HIV is not transmitted by contact with inanimate objects or other types of casual contact (even in a detox center when you have an open abrasion on your arm).

I'm glad to hear you are reviewing the information in the archives of this forum and also seeing a counselor for your phobias. I'm confident the information in the archives and your psychotherapy sessions will be both enlightening and reassuring.

Donation information for The Robert James Frascino AIDS Foundation can be found on the foundation's Web site at ( Thank you for your desire to help others in desperate need. In return I'm sending you my good-luck/good-health karma that you are now and will always be HIV free.

Good luck. Be well.

Dr. Bob

Very worried, I can hardly function please help I'm distraught
Really a risk or am I in need of psychiatric help?

  • Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

 Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS



This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.

Powered by ExpertViewpoint