Very worried, I can hardly function please help I'm distraught

About three weeks I had a lapse in judgement as I am a straight male. I met up with a guy and he gave me unprotected oral, the event lasted ab 20 mins and I ejaculated in his mouth. I am worried now because I have a cough that I had prior to the event that justnwont go away and I'm taking cipro to help it. Also in the last two dAys my feet have killed me all day this never happens to me so now I'm freaking out, the guy said he was clean but it's hard for me to just accept that answer. Are these symptoms of ars? I have no fever or swolloen glands in the mornings I also get burning up hot but have no temp other times I'm cold most of the day I'm very confused and worried. I has also had night sweats but that has happened since I was a teen so I feel that isnprob normal for me. And I would also like info on how to donate to your cause. I really appreciate your time thanks. Matt

Hello Matt,

Insertive unprotected oral sex carries only a very slight risk for HIV acquisition.

Symptoms are notoriously unreliable in predicting who is and is not HIV infected. (Your specific symptoms are not worrisome for HIV acute retroviral syndrome -- ARS.) If you remain worried, get a single HIV-antibody test at the three-month mark. The statistical odds are all in your favor that you did not contract HIV from this "lapse in judgement."

Matt, you might also consider counseling to explore issues around this lapse in judgement, including sexual orientation issues. I'm not suggesting you are gay as the Christmas window display at Macy's, but then again you may not be straight as a lawn dart either.

Donation information for The Robert James Frascino AIDS Foundation can be found on the foundation's Web site at (www.concertedeffort.org). Thanks for your desire to help others in desperate need. In return I'm sending you my good-luck karma that you are now and will always be HIV free.

Good luck! Be well.

Student Riddled with HIV Anxiety: Should I go for a HIV Test? (VISIONS AND FEARS OF BEING SEXUALLY ASSAULTED WHILE SLEEPING, 2010)
OCD, anxious and need a question answered