May 15, 2010
hELLO, my woman was pregnant and during the time was giving birth she discover that she is zhiv positive and before that we have had sex withot condom but I took a test and result was negative for me until yesterday when we had another sexwithouut condoms. please what do ido?
Response from Dr. Frascino
I would advise:
1. If you are within 72 hours of this unprotected exposure, go to an emergency room or your doctor immediately and begin PEP (post-exposure prophylaxis).
2. Stop having unprotected sex with your HIV-positive wife.
3. You will need an HIV-antibody test at six weeks, three months and six months from the date of last HIV exposure (unprotected sex).
4. Your wife should be under the care of an HIV physician specialist.
5. Both you and your wife should read through the chapter on magnetic couples (one poz, one negative) in the archives of this forum.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Is Flaky Skin A Symptom Of HIV?
- Burning Urethra After Oral Sex Worried I Have HIV
- Jock Itch After Breast Sucking Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Painful Urination After Insertive Anal Sex Without Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Purple Spots After Fingering Stripper Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Short Term And Long Term Effects Of Genital Herpes
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.