Corticoids, HIV and yeah, me beig OCDish!
May 15, 2010
Dear Doc: YOU ARE AMAZING! SMART, SHARP, WITTY, COMPASSIONATE! I THANK GOD FOR PEOPLE LIKE YOU!!(And absolutely envy Dr. Steve, to the "Green with envy" point! :-) )
I already asked a question, but I followed your advice and found the answer checking through all the available information here. However, a new couple of questions came to my mind today and I didn't find the answers I need, so, here I go again!
1. Could the use of topic corticoids for about a week (Desonide 0.1% and Dexamethasone 0.1%), outside the window period (11 months) but before taking the test, cause a false negative?
2. After taking Accutane for 8 months, could that somehow have had some effect on my recent negative test? Could Accutane affect the HIV antybody production?
Thank you very much for your kind attention!
A huge fan of yours!
Response from Dr. Frascino
Hello Huge Fan,
And for the record, the answers to these new questions could also be found in the archives!
Regarding Dr. Steve, actually I'm the lucky one. He's heaven-on-a-stick and more.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Muscle Ache After Getting Fingered Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Sore On Mouth After Handjob Worried I Have HIV
- Sore Throat After Broken Condom Worried I Have HIV
- Swollen Glands After Open Mouth Kissing Worried I Have HIV
- Can You Donate Blood If You Have An Std?
- I Have Bright Red Vaginal Discharge And Odor
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.