could it really be happening 2.5 years later??

Hello Dr. Bob,

2.5 years ago I had an unprotected episode of unprotected vaginal and oral sec with a female of unknown serostatus. A few week later I had a rash on the head of my penis, became sick, swollen lymphnodes, cervical, armpits and groin. these have stayed here for 2.5 years now. in that time I also had white spots all over my tonsils, pain and redness upon ejaculation. no discharge was really noted. my urethral opening was also inflammed and red. I had a cough sore through and low grade fever. since this I have been getting red blood spots ~2-3 mm on the inside of my cheeks. they come and go. my sore throught lasted almost 6 months with this and I also got conjuctivitis in both eyes. Ive had a test for everything under the sun. STD wise. all have been negative, ive had 18 HIV tests the vast majority being oraquick advance HIV 1/2. My last one was 2.3 years after the unprotected oral and vaginal sex ( one time encounter) have not been with any one else since.

Bad new came.:

Last week I started feeling sick. now im having tins of sinus pain and drainage, sore throat and fever. its been 2.5 years since this and im worrieed because in my medical class (virology) it can actually take 36 months in some cases . they said this has been documented and that the 6 month window is not always correct demonstrated in SIV research.

Is there any chance I cou;d be seroconverting or just npt making HIV antibodies ll together now 2.5 years past this?

Thank you for your time,

Future ER Doc.

Hello Future ER Doc,

I'll assume you're still in your early years of medical training to become a physician and that is why you are having difficulty accepting that 18 negative HIV tests (eighteen!!!) over 2-3 years are definitive, conclusive and extremely excessive. Additional study will also teach you that SIV (simian immunodeficiency virus) and HIV (human immunodeficiency virus) are two different viruses (although they have some similarities) and you can't assume the natural history of one is identical to that of the other.

Is there any chance you are seroconverting 2.5 years after an exposure with 18 negative HIV tests or that you're just "npt" making antibodies? Nope! You are HIV negative. HIV is not your problem. No way. No how. No further HIV testing is warranted. You've had way too many already.

Future ER Doc, you need to do two things:

1. Stop worrying about a disease you could not possibly have.

2. Use spellcheck on your computer ("oral sec" . . . "tins of sinus pain" . . . etc.).

Chances of being HIV positive
Question from stressed out due from Nova Scotia