question about test accuracy

Dr. Bob, I got 2 HIV antibody tests done at about 6 months post last exposure. (unprotected sex.) They both came back negative. My questions are this: 1. The first test was done through a website call AboutMyHealth.com, they referred me to LabCorp and they drew my blood, then AboutMyHealth sent me the results. The test read something like "HIV 1/O2 Abs- Index Value" and all that, and said nonreactive. Are these results reliable? Can I rely on this website? 2. Could the labs have made an error and I am really positive?? How easy is it to do that? 3. Does the HIV 1/O/2 mean they checked for antibodies to HIV-1, HIV-2, and subtype O? Thanks, Dr. Bob.

Your work is greatly appreciated! Will be making a donation soon! Stay well!

1. Yes and yes.

2. The chance of laboratory error on both of your negative HIV tests is so remote it becomes essentially nonexistent.

3. Yep.

You're welcome. Thanks for your donation to The Robert James Frascino AIDS Foundation (www.concertedeffort.org).

WOO-HOO!!!

I would like to apologize, doc...
HIV Transmission