I would like to apologize, doc...

Hello, doc!

I would like to apologize, because maybe you thought that I asked about you just to be able to ask a question... (I'm the guy from Brazil again)...

That was not that, ok? I've really made a donation (small, but from heart) and I know it has nothing to do about your answers. I did it because I really know how need it is... And, if I'm affraind to have contracted it, I can't even think about how can be people that has it... I've made it because I trully (spell right?) believe in your work, ok?

And I would like to say that I'll continue donating, you answering or not my questions. I've searched the historic, but I didn't find anything equal to mine...

Anyway, thank you very much and, again, congratulations for your work! You're awesome, guy!!!!

And if I still "have right" (this is not the term, but I didn't find other words) to ask something, let me ask one: in the readings, I came to conclusion that the virus is not so simple to transmit. And, here I go again, even in a razor, left in a bathroom for some minutes (or hours)?

Well, doc, let me stop bothering you again... Thank you very very much and let me tell you once again that I really got sensibilized with your work, your sense of humor, and your life story.

Once again, thank you very much!

The (anxious) brazilian guy.....

Hi Brazilian Guy,

Certainly no apology is necessary. You are certainly not alone in asking questions about me and my personal struggle with HIV. The reason I only respond rarely to these questions is this forum is supposed to be about you guys, not me! I have begun a blog on this site and will share a bit more of my personal story there. Also, there is a chapter in the archives entitled "About Dr. Frascino" that chronicles much of my story.

Regarding your concern about razors, the HIV-transmission risk is extremely, extremely low. If you are worried, despite my reassurance, get a single HIV-antibody test three months or longer after the possible exposure. The result will undoubtedly be negative. Determining one's HIV status really is just that straightforward!

mom to be & worried!
question about test accuracy