mom to be & worried!

Hello dr and thank you for your time in january I had a potential exposure to hiv I receive a test at 8 weeks which was negative but I received it at a clinic in a gay neighborhood I have nothing against gay people at all! But now I'm paranoid that they had a problem with me a pregnant women marching in there anyway I am curious what the statistics of becoming infected by a lancet prick are I got another hiv test taken recently but it would have only been three weeks after the lancet prick I don't wanna risk infecting my baby please give me statistics

Hi Worried Mom to Be,

The "statistics of becoming (HIV) infected by lancet prick" are exactly zero! Yep, zero, zilch, nada, bupkis!

The statistics of contracting HIV because you "marched into" a clinic in a gay neighborhood to have an HIV test are exactly the same as a gay person marching into a "straight clinic" for his/her HIV test! Once again that statistic is zero! You can't get infected by getting an HIV test!

By the way, gay people "have nothing against" straights either. Should we freak out every time a non-homosexual treats us?

Vocal chord inflamation the result of HIV?
I would like to apologize, doc...