Inflammaging: Which tests are necessary?

Hi Dr. Bob, That is great news about your's mother's recovery. Good for you and your family. I want to make sure that my physician here in Germany is running ALL of the necessary tests and procedures in connection with HIV, inflammation and premature aging. Can you please tell me which test, ie. blood work, my doctor should be carrying out? I see him every 3-4 months. I am 38 and have been poz 6 years, on meds 4 years. Doing great...and want to maintain that. Thanks for your help!

Thanks for the good wishes.

My blog concerning accelerated aging caused by HIV has generated many questions and comments. As I mentioned, this is still a relatively new and very much emerging field of study and hot research topic. There are no specific laboratory tests related to "inflammaging" that are being routinely recommended at this time. Stay tuned to this forum and we'll keep you posted on new developments as the story evolves. Perhaps I'll write a blog on some of our ideas concerning potential treatments to de-accelerate this advanced-aging phenomenon.

For now continue to monitor your CD4 counts and keep your HIV plasma viral load at undetectable levels if possible.

Be well. Stay well. Stay tuned!

Does a person have to be tested for HIV-subtype M or O or N?
menstrual blood on penis after protected sex - WILL DONATE GENEROUSLY!!!