The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App 
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
Ask the Experts About

Safe Sex and HIV PreventionSafe Sex and HIV Prevention
Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question
  • Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Inflammaging: Which tests are necessary?

May 8, 2010

Hi Dr. Bob, That is great news about your's mother's recovery. Good for you and your family. I want to make sure that my physician here in Germany is running ALL of the necessary tests and procedures in connection with HIV, inflammation and premature aging. Can you please tell me which test, ie. blood work, my doctor should be carrying out? I see him every 3-4 months. I am 38 and have been poz 6 years, on meds 4 years. Doing great...and want to maintain that. Thanks for your help!

Response from Dr. Frascino


Thanks for the good wishes.

My blog concerning accelerated aging caused by HIV has generated many questions and comments. As I mentioned, this is still a relatively new and very much emerging field of study and hot research topic. There are no specific laboratory tests related to "inflammaging" that are being routinely recommended at this time. Stay tuned to this forum and we'll keep you posted on new developments as the story evolves. Perhaps I'll write a blog on some of our ideas concerning potential treatments to de-accelerate this advanced-aging phenomenon.

For now continue to monitor your CD4 counts and keep your HIV plasma viral load at undetectable levels if possible.

Be well. Stay well. Stay tuned!

Dr. Bob

Does a person have to be tested for HIV-subtype M or O or N?
menstrual blood on penis after protected sex - WILL DONATE GENEROUSLY!!!

  • Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

 Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS



This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.

Powered by ExpertViewpoint