Woooo-Hooooo! (from Oral w/Cuts)

Hello Dr. Frascino! I posted to this forum in February (I believe it was) worried that I may have acquired HIV from a male partner after vaginal protected sex and unprotected oral. Well I took the Home Access HIV test on Monday and called in for my results today. They were negative (WOO-HOO!!)! This is the 3 month mark since my last encounter w/the guy I had sex with back on Jan. 16. I had multiple encounters with him in 2009 as well and all were protected vaginal sex and unprotected prolonged deep oral (me giving).

I thought I may have had HIV because I experienced extremely painful lymph nodes after a flu or cold Christmas week of '09 that lasted up until this month and still bothers me occasionally (in my armpits and neck). This was something I had never experienced before. After my last encounter with him on 1/16/10, I had a week of mild night sweats, a low grade fever, constant uncomfortable headaches (like I had never experienced before) as well as what seemed to be the on-set of neuropathy. After that week of symptoms ended my bowel habits changed though I couldnt completely categorize it as diarrhea and that lasted for about 2 weeks or so. The neuropathy still bothers me now and has progressed though not to a serious level and I plan on seeking medical attention for that and the painful lymph nodes. I was definitely a worried well since as I told you before his sons mom, with whom he had regular and unprotected sex with, I came to find out is HIV (+), but I still dont know his status and I am no longer in communication with them.

This story definitely has a happy ending for me and Im staying optimistic that my 6 month test will also be negative. This site has been a great source of support and emotional if not mental relief for me, and I thank you for all you do for the cyber community and the world in general.

May you be blessed always!

WOO-de-friction-HOO! Great news! Thanks for taking the time to write in and share your story and great news!

Be well!

Lesbian here...please help. seroconversion/ARS symptoms?
test accuracy