|Lesbian here...please help. seroconversion/ARS symptoms?
May 5, 2010
Dr. Bob you are such a wonderful man. I am so touched by your spirit. Can you help me understand the eary signs of HIV infection.
I am lesbian who has had multiple partners. My oral activity is limited to non-insertive cunnlingus and anal rimming.
Recently I have had recurring yeast infections and what I think (internet search) is erythema multiforme.
The erythema comes and goes (7wks). Mine is non itchy, flat, no blisters and appears in fist sized groups on one butt cheek, inner right thigh and splotchy on my back at the armpit junction.
The erythema (if it is) on my butt and inner thigh is consistent but will fade and return in intensity.
Please help! I am really worried because I never stopped to consider if my partners where infected.
Bless you Dr. Bob
| Response from Dr. Frascino
Thanks for your very kind comments! They are warmly appreciated.
Your HIV-acquisition risk is extremely low. There have been no documented cases of HIV transmission/acquisition from rimming or getting rimmed (although other STDs can be transmitted via this activity). Cunnilingus carries an extremely low risk for HIV transmission/acquisition.
Recurrent yeast infections are a very common (and very annoying) condition. I certainly would not jump to HIV as the underlying cause! I tend to doubt you have erythema multiforme (beware of Internet searches for self diagnosis!). My advice is quite simple.
1. Stop worrying about HIV. You can get a rapid HIV test and have a definitive result in as few as 20 minutes. I'm very confident the result will be HIV negative.
2. See your gynecologist for the recurrent yeast infection problem. Proper evaluation and management should clear this up for you.
3. See a dermatologist for the erythematous eruptions. Once the diagnosis is determined, appropriate treatment can be provided. This type of rash is not at all consistent with HIV/AIDS.
Be well. Stay well.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Is Hairy Tongue A Sign Of Acute HIV Infection?
- Is Headache An Ars Symptom?
- Is Itchy Skin A Symptom Of AIDS?
- Burning Penis After Touching Vagina Worried I Have HIV
- Ear Infection After Oral Sex With No Protection Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Itchy Skin After Insertive Anal Sex Sign Of HIV AIDS
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.