flaky skin

i have HIV and recently my face and scalp have become so dry and flaky. i am presently taking Lamzid and feverenz as my medication. is there a connection to my being HIV positive and what can i do to releave the dryness and itchines.

tammy

Hi Tammy,

HIV disease is associated with a variety of dermatological problems. Luckily most of them can be kept in reasonably good control with appropriate medications. Your dryness and itchiness may be related to seborrhea, eczema or a number of other conditions. It's impossible to determine exactly what the problem is over the Internet. I'd suggest you consult an HIV-knowledgeable dermatologist. Your HIV physician specialist should be able to refer you to someone who should be able to help you clear this itchy/flakey/annoying problem up.

How are you Dr. Bob?
Lesbian here...please help. seroconversion/ARS symptoms?