How are you Dr. Bob?
May 5, 2010
You know all these questions from people and let me be the one to ask how are you doing Dr. Bob?
I've written to you back in 2003 and also currently as have had some wierd symptoms that still linger on and you have always been very courteous and informative with your answers.
In all that time I've sometimes wondered how you are doing and how your health is. I know you've been infected for 19 years is it? Have you had good luck staying on the same meds all this time or have you had to change? Have you tried any new or controversial therapies?
I know you had facial correction done due to lipoatrophy, have you had to do that in other places as well?
Do you sometimes talk with other doctors who may not fully understand a patients perspective? I know you have been on both sides of the disease.
Really not my intention to pry and if you don't want to answer something you don't have to, but I just think people should ask once in a while after all the questions you patiently answer for us.
Thanks for your work,
Response from Dr. Frascino
Thanks for your concern. I'll respond only briefly, as this forum is supposed to be about you guys (and gals), not me!
1. Yes, I was infected occupationally in January 1991. So 19 years and counting.
2. I've changed antiretroviral regimens a number of times over the years, due to side effects and toxicities. I've tried "new" therapies, but I wouldn't call them controversial, as they were all FDA approved.
3. I have had Sculptra injections for facial lipoatrophy due to D4T use. No, I haven't used it in "other places!"
4. Yes, I know many physicians who "do not fully understand a patient's perspective." Some docs are more concerned with treating the "numbers" (CD4 counts and viral loads) than the patient. Witnessing HIV from both sides of the examination table has been an enlightening experience.
Matt, I have recently begun a blog for this Web site. I'll try to share a bit more of my personal story there, as I feel ti's a more appropriate venue than these expert forums. Thanks again for your concern.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- What Percent Of Americans Have Herpes?
- What Causes An Hpv Outbreak?
- What Antibiotics To Take For Gonorrhea?
- Getting Treatment For Genital Warts When Can I Have Sex Again
- What To Do If Treatment Did Not Work For Gonorrhea Or Chlamydia?
- What Is The Quickest Way To Get Rid Of Genital Warts?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.