Partner of two years bareback

I've had a bareback relationship for two years with my boyfriend (topping not that it makes a difference really) it just happened one night and we let it keep happening because we were in love still are actually. I have tested negative this week and will be going with him to get tested next Wednesday. If he is positive will I need to test up to 6 months past last unprotected exposure or 12 months?

Also you are fabulous and all those good things, I'm just scared and apprehensive so my greeting is a bit off.

If your boyfriend tests HIV positive and you test negative, you will need follow-up HIV-antibody tests at both the three- and six-month marks from the date of your last unprotected exposure to be certain of your negative status. Let's just keep fingers crossed and toes crossed (eyes crossed?) that you both test negative! I'm glad you both decided to get tested. Knowing is always better than not knowing, no matter what the result may be. I'm here if you or your partner need me, OK?

Eposed accidentally by cut during autopsy (HIV from CORPSE OR CADAVER, 2010)
Question about symptoms of Lipodystrophy.